Have you heard? New USPS regulations are coming.
See how Philip Delaney, Director of Operations at Harte Hanks, suggests maximizing postal savings. “For clients looking to reduce their postage costs to offset some of these increases, we always recommend the following steps,” he said.
- Optimize your list
- Process mail files through the National Change of Address (NCOA) database
- Avoid size and weight surcharges through correct mail formatting
- Presort large mailings
- Use a commingling partner for smaller mailings
- Use marketing mail class (formally standard class) whenever possible
- Use direct mail companies that can provide logistics services to transport mail deeper into the postal stream
- Utilize the services of DHL, UPS, or FedEx for heavy packages
- Frequent the USPS website for promotions and discounts
Sam Koslowsky serves as Senior Analytic Consultant for Harte Hanks. Sam’s responsibilities include developing quantitative and analytic solutions for a wide variety of firms. Sam is a frequent speaker at industry conferences, a contributor to many analytic related publications, and has taught at Columbia and New York Universities. He has an undergraduate degree in mathematics, an MBA in finance from New York University, and has completed post-graduate work in statistics and operations research.